wee wednesday with lindsay of darling clementine: Little ones in the Kitchen
This week I thought I'd take you on a culinary adventure, cooking with kids is both a fantastic way to spend time together and also a lovely way to expose them to new flavors. My daughter Juliette takes such pride in the food she helps prepare and enjoys eating much more when she can say she had a hand in dinner prep. Yes, it takes longer, and is much messier, but so what. Let the kids help, enjoy it.
Here are some fun recipes of foods that are easy to prepare and all have some steps the littles can partake in. You don't need to go buy a kids cook book, just read the recipe and carve out things the kids can do and keep the cutting and high heat for the grown ups.
1. Smitten Kitchen Pink Lemonade Popsicles, case who doesn't love a popsicle?
2. Bleubird's "Sunday's Cake" looks so good
3. Goop's healthier, gluten-free Fish Fingers
4. Little hands will enjoy sprinkling cheese on these healthy pizzas
5. We let Juliette smash the avocados with her fork and spread it herself on toast (and chips!) to her hearts content
6. Get them to drink their milk with these delicious cookies, and by helping measure ingredients
7. Start a weekend pancake ritual with this delicious looking stack
Mmmm, this post is making me hungry. See you next week!